Message from the Principal.
Students were given a letter from the principal 17/04/18, please view it HERE.
Y11’s have been given an important letter regarding exam protocol. Please read attachments below:
Outstanding Examination Results 2017
The City Academy, Hackney students have achieved outstanding results at A Level and GCSE this year. At GCSE 83% of students achieving five or more GCSEs including English and mathematics. This is significantly higher than the national average of 66.9%. The A Level results are the academy’s second set of A2 results with 47% of grades at A*-B. The percentage of grades at A*-C is significantly above the national average.
In additional to the headline figures there were some exceptional individual performances with many students achieving their challenging target grades and maximising their opportunities for progression to sixth form or university.
A Level Results
- 47% of students achieved A*- B
- 79% of students achieved A*-C
- 98% of students achieved A*-E
- All students have secured university places or high quality apprenticeships
- 36% of students will be going to Russell Group universities. This is double the national average.
- 89% achieved five or more A* – C (9-4) grades
- 77% achieved five or more A* – C (9-4) grades including English and maths
- 58% achieved the English Baccalaureate with English and maths at 4 or higher
- 44% achieved the English Baccalaureate with English and maths at 5 or higher
- 44% achieved three or more A*/A (9-7) grades
- 2 students achieved a ‘hat-trick’ of grade 9s in English language, English literature and maths
- 97% achieved at least one A*/A (9-7) grade
- 31% overall A*/A (9-7) grade
When we were established in 2009 we set out to build an exceptional academy for our students based on the highest expectations of academic achievement and personal development. Our students have achieved outstanding GCSE results and our second set of A-level results are excellent. All of our sixth form students have progressed to university or high-level apprenticeships.
In 2016 for the third year in a row, our students made more academic progress than in any other school in Hackney. In fact, the attainment of our students in their GCSEs demonstrated the third best progress of any school in London and placed us seventh out of over six thousand secondary schools in the country as a whole. Once again students have achieved one grade higher for each of their best eight GCSE grades than the equivalent average progress of students in other schools.
In 2014 our students were placed second in the country for the progress they made, in 2015 they were fifth and in both 2010 and 2012 we were judged to be ‘Outstanding’ in every Ofsted category.
This is an exceptional academy, please take some time to explore the website to find out more about our approach, our community and our very special ethos.