Letter regarding changes to the school day
World Class Examination Results 2016
The City Academy, Hackney students have achieved outstanding results at A Level and GCSE this year. The GCSE results represent the best ever results the academy has achieved with 83% of students achieving five or more GCSEs including English and mathematics. This is significantly higher than the national average of 66.9%. The A Level results are the academy’s first set of A2 results with 52% of students achieving A*-B. The percentage of students achieved A*-C is significantly above the national average.
In additional to the headline figures there were some exceptional individual performances with many students achieving their challenging target grades and maximising their opportunities for progression to sixth form or university.
A Level Results
- 52% of students achieved A*- B
- 83% of students achieved A*-C
- 100% of students achieved A*-E
- All students have secured university places or high quality apprenticeships, with 91% of students taking these places up immediately
- 35% of students will be going to Russell Group universities.
- 89% achieved five or more A* – C grades
- 82% achieved five or more A* – C grades incl. English and maths
- 53% achieved the English Baccalaureate
- 42% achieved three or more A*/A grades
- 95% achieved at least one A*/A grade
- 31% overall A*/A grade
When we were established in 2009 we set out to build a ‘world class’ academy for our students based on the highest expectations of academic achievement and personal development. Our students have just achieved our best ever GCSE results, 82% 5 A*-C grades, and our first set of A-level results are excellent.
In 2015 for the second year in a row, our students made more academic progress than in any other school in Hackney. In fact, the attainment of our students in their GCSEs demonstrated the third best progress of any school in London and placed us fifth out of over six thousand secondary schools in the country as a whole.
In 2016 students have achieved one grade higher for each of their best eight GCSE grades than the equivalent average progress of students in other schools.
In 2014 our students were placed second in the country for the progress they made and in both 2010 and 2012 we were judged to be ‘Outstanding’ in every Ofsted category.
This is an exceptional academy, please take some time to explore the website to find out more about our approach, our community and our very special ethos.
Working at The City Academy, Hackney
Since opening in 2009, we have been building our team of dedicated staff year-on-year and we are currently looking to recruit for the following vacancies:
- Senior Marketing and Communications Officer
- Assistant Principal – Director of Learning
- Deputy Subject Leader – Science (Chemistry/Physics)
- Deputy Subject Leader – Mathematics and Numeracy
- Deputy Subject Leader – Science (Biology)
- Deputy Subject Leader – English and Literacy
- Exam Invigilator
Please visit our Recruitment page (in the Staff section of our website) for more information about working at our outstanding school, details of how to apply for a post and to download our application form.