How to apply
Thank you for your interest in our Sixth Form. To apply for a place, please follow the step-by-step guide below. All applicants must submit an application form by the deadline and successful candidates will then be invited to attend an interview.
To apply for a place in our Sixth Form at The City Academy, Hackney all students must complete our Sixth Form Application Form including their expected grades, courses they wish to study (chosen from the options grid) and personal statement. CVs and additional supporting documents will not be accepted.
External candidates must also provide a School Reference Form, completed by a member of staff at their current school/college.
* You may require Adobe Acrobat Reader to open and complete your application form. Adobe Acrobat Reader is available as a free download from here.
- I attended the academy’s Open Evening
- I have completed pages one and two of the Sixth Form Application Form including all my personal details, predicted grades and courses I wish to study
- A member of staff from my current school/college has filled in, signed and returned a School Reference Form
- I have emailed/posted/delivered both my Sixth Form Application Form and School Reference Form to The City Academy, Hackney by the deadline stated on the Open Evening & key dates page. Email address to use: firstname.lastname@example.org
Following the application deadline, students will be invited to the academy for an interview which will form part of the application process. As part of the interview, applicants will be asked to prepare and deliver a short presentation (5 minutes) on a selected subject, relevant to their field of study.
3. Conditional offer
Successful applicants will be sent a conditional offer to join our Sixth Form.