Entry requirements and admissions criteria
The City Academy, Hackney will have 120 places available per year in its Sixth Form.
Applicants will need to:
- Achieve 7 GCSEs with English and Maths at Grade 5, and any other 5 GCSEs
at Grade B
- Meet specific course requirements as outlined in the Sixth Form Course Guide each year
In the event of the sixth form, or a specific course being over-subscribed, after the admissions criteria outlined above have been met and the admission of students with a statement of special educational needs where The City Academy, Hackney is named on the statement, the following over-subscription criteria will apply:
- Students who were on roll at The City Academy, Hackney in Year 11
- A looked after child, or a child who was previously looked after but immediately after being looked after became subject to an adoption, residence or special guardianship order. A looked after child is a child who is (a) in the care of a local authority, or (b) being provided with accommodation by a local authority in the exercise of their social services functions (see the definition in Section 22 (1) of the Children Act 1989)
- Students whose siblings currently attend The City Academy, Hackney and will continue to do so on the date of admission
- Up to 9 students resident in the City of London, if more than 9 students apply, selection to be determined by drawing lots
- children of staff employed at the academy, where a member of staff has been employed for two or more years at the time at which the application is being made, and/or the member of staff is recruited to fill a vacant post for which there is a demonstrable skills shortage.
- Students will then be offered places on the basis of the proximity of their home (permanent residence) to the main entrance of The City Academy, Hackney measured in a straight line on a map using a GIS system.
16 to 19 Bursary Fund
Get help to pay for essential education-related costs if you’re 16 to 19 at the start of the academic year and in further education or training.
The Bursary Fund can help pay for costs like:
- Equipment you might need for your course
- Transport to and from your school or college
For more information and details of how to apply, please visit: