Our aim is to provide a high quality education for students in Hackney and pioneer educational innovation.
Our mission: to develop highly qualified and skilled young adults who achieve to the best of their ability, display the highest standards of professionalism and are ethical, active citizens fully committed to supporting their local and global community.
The City Academy, Hackney offers all students an outstanding opportunity to learn and achieve in a purpose-built environment with access to the highest standards of teaching, support and challenge.
Values and success
Our success is judged by excellence in examination results, standards of behaviour, sporting and creative achievement as well as the politeness, self-discipline and compassion of our students. It is important to us that students enjoy learning and feel safe and happy at school and we enable them to develop the confidence, independence and self-awareness required for their future success and well-being.
Students at The City Academy, Hackney are taught in an environment that promotes academic, creative, sporting, linguistic, and personal achievement: this is ‘The City Experience’.
We aim to:
- provide a high quality education for students in Hackney and pioneer educational innovation
- offer a curriculum that is enjoyable, challenging and relevant
- enable students to fulfil their potential and participate fully in society
- raise standards and aspirations for young people
- build partnerships between local cultural organisations, business and educational communities.
- lead by example
- work together
- respect individuals
- dedication to learning and achievement
- commitment to communities
- honesty, openness and fairness