Welcome to our staff recruitment page. Here you will find a list of current vacancies and details of how to apply for a post.
We are delighted to invite you to consider a career with The City Academy, Hackney.
We are currently recruiting for the following posts:
- Senior Marketing and Communications Officer
- Assistant Principal – Director of Learning
- Deputy Subject Leader – Science (Chemistry/Physics)
- Deputy Subject Leader – Mathematics and Numeracy
- Deputy Subject Leader – Science (Biology)
- Deputy Subject Leader – English and Literacy
- Exam Invigilator
If you have any questions about any of the above posts, please do not hesitate to contact our HR Department by emailing email@example.com.
How to apply
To apply for a job at The City Academy, Hackney please download our application form, complete and return via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.Adobe Acrobat Reader to open and complete your application form. Adobe Acrobat Reader is available as a free download from here. Mac users – please be advised that completing your form using Preview may prevent it from saving correctly; please use Adobe Reader if possible.
The City Academy, Hackney is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references are required for this post. CVs will not be accepted in place of an application form.
For further information about safer recruitment and pre-appointment checks, please refer to the Keeping Children Safe in Education guidance provided by the Department for Education.
Working at The City Academy, Hackney
This is an exceptional school with high expectations, tight discipline and an exciting curriculum. It is a place where teachers gain experience in a high achieving environment which enables them to quickly develop their practice and progress in their career. I can promise you that this will be one of the most rewarding places to work and that aside from the intrinsic challenges and rewards this post offers, there are many other benefits for staff who work for us. We are committed to creating a professional and supportive workplace for our staff and have been awarded, and recently re-assessed as, an Investors in People Gold organisation, putting us in the top 2% of organisations who have this quality mark.
We want you to look forward to each day at the academy. We expect hard work, skill and dedication to our ethos, and in return we will provide an excellent working environment, competitive rates of pay and an excellent benefits package. We will also provide outstanding experiences and training opportunities, and simply having worked in our school at some time in your career will enhance your curriculum vitae.
If you feel that you can make a positive contribution to our academy, please apply.
The Academy offers all its staff a range of benefits including:
- Performance management award – an additional flat rate payment of up to £300 per employee (subject to funding).
- Employee Assistant programme – free, confidential information, support, counselling and advice – 24 hours a day.
- Cycle to Work scheme – loan a bike and safety equipment as a tax free benefit by paying no VAT and saving on tax and NI.
- My Work offers – providing special offers, lifestyle discounts and savings for Academy employees including shopping vouchers, holidays, discount tickets and much more.
- Childcare vouchers – are exempt from paying tax and NI. You could save up to £100 per month, giving you more money to get the kids what they want.
- Eye care vouchers – employees using a VDU can apply for a free eye examination as well as receive a pair of Pentax CR39 single vision glasses or a contribution towards upgraded frames.
- Employer pension contribution – Teachers pension scheme (Teachers); Local Government Pension scheme (Support staff)
- Season ticket loan – employees are entitled to apply for an annual, interest free season ticket loan for travel.
- Free Health and Fitness – full access to The Academy’s fantastic gym and fitness facilities.
- Free lunch – for staff who dine with students.
- School Admissions – from September 2016, children of staff members will be given priority for admission of school places.