The teams to talk to

Need some advice?

We are here to help. You can speak to your tutor, Personal Adviser or Head of House anytime you have any comments, concerns, feedback or ideas.

Counselling and mentoring

If you would like to speak to someone about counselling, mentoring and support please see:

  • Mr Goulbourne – Head of House – Aldgate
  • Ms Halpin – Head of House – Ludgate
  • Mr Mangera – Head of House Moorgate
  • Ms McClennon – Head of House Newgate

Peer mediation

If you need help resolving conflict or fixing a problem collaboratively, see:

  • Ms Lee – Behaviour Manager
  • Ms Britton – Assistant Principal

Child Protection Officers

If you have any other concerns or difficulties outside school that you would like to discuss, please see a Child Protection Officer:

  • Ms Rasul – Child Protection Officer
  • Ms Wood – Vice Principal


If you need to see the school nurse or would like health guidance, please see:

  •  Ms Northfield – Administrator (Faculty of Learning)

Help and advice

As a young person, there will be times when you’ll have questions or issues relating to aspects of your life and growing up in general. Free and confidential help is always out there. It’s just a question of asking! Here are some places you go to online or in person to get the support you want.

Emotional health and counselling  Help is there for you – Ring anytime for confidential telephone counselling on Freephone 0800 1111 or for lots  of interesting info about how you are feeling and what can help  – Off Centre offers counselling, advice and information. Visit them at 25-27 Hackney Grove just by the Hackney Town Hall or go to their website for more info information about emotional well being/ mental health information about parents separating and how it feels – gives you information and advice on bullying – offers you a leaflet about death, bereavement and grief – is a website about fights at home and domestic violence – helps you understand and learn more about your feelings- hear what Cam and friends have to say at Cam’s Den

Relationships, social life and sexual health issues Centres offer drop in sessions or appointments to all ages on anything to do with sexual relationships and sexual health. Freephone 0808 802 1234 802 1234 – offers information about drug and solvent misuse  Freephone 0800 776600 – Talksafe is a safe place to get the answers that matter to you – learn more, get advice from a mentor your own age or talk to a counsellor. Just click on your age-group to get started. you thinking?  answers all your questions online or on: Freephone 0800 28 29 30 – can help you with any queries about your sexual health – will answer your Questions about your sexual identity is for teenage relatives and friends of alcoholics. Alateen is part of Al-Anon.

Visit the City and Hackney Young People’s Service (CHYPS).  The CHYPS Plus team at The House, Lower Clapton Health Centre, 36 Lower Clapton Road has a  Drop in clinic open on  Monday, 4 – 6 p.m. / Tuesday, 4 – 6 p.m. / Wednesday, 4 – 7 p.m.

Homerton Hospital supports young people as well. They have a ‘show me’ (sho-me) website with all the information you might need: